Sunday, March 21, 2010

A backwards E



A BACKWARDS E


I am depressed without you --

I want to get up and scream.

Who do I call?

Who do I touch?

How can I avoid wasting time?


You are the First answer

the Premier solution

to challenges of meaning

and of purpose.


I explode whimsically in your presence.


The COLOR of your SKIN

your HAIR

your EYES (eje)

are a miracle to

AWE

for eternity.


No one talks fish better.

No One

curls ideas into fanciful discoveries

or sarcastic yet heart-warming jokes

like you.


You are my support that never buckles.

You are my body that always embraces.

You are my flame that continually grows.

Copyright Oren Peleg 2010

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful poem. Really beautiful. I imagine most people would be very happy if this was written for them. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. But I'm dying to know, who are you?

      Delete