Saturday, October 24, 2009

Ein Gedi

EIN GEDI


I remember it so clearly

I was standing on those rocks yesterday

Between the pools of water in the desert

Under the waterfall and a wet sun.

Whether I am romanticizing my emotions or

Actually felt them

It was a magical moment.

The anchor of summer.


I have made friends

and lost friends

and run through entire relationships

start to finish

between then and now.

I have gone from

Country to Country

City to City

House to House

Apartment to Apartment

Girl to Girl

(And back to Girl)

Friend to Friend

looking for a Job

And looking for

Myself.



Who I was then wouldn’t

Recognize me

or my world

now.

In fact,

had I stayed

Like the plan said,

Everything would be erased

Some things might have

Never even existed

Relationships and dynamics

Would be far different

And an entire

Foreign history

Would replace it.



That day on the rocks was

A fulcrum,

A line that separates an

Entire series of events

before

And

after.

It’s the end of the fuse

And the beginning of

The bomb.

For everything that has happened since

Is my life

Now.

Everything the way it is.


But had I stayed

Like we agreed upon

That day

Everything would be different.

Copyright Oren Peleg 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment